Sunday, September 14, 2008

We have made it through the storm but the memory of the event I believe will stay with us for ever. Friday we boarded up all of the windows and pick up the outside of our house in hopes that we could prevent anything catching flight by the fast moving winds of Ike. We are so very lucky because we had some minor damages and no one was hurt! I remember when the storm was upon us hearing the roar of the winds as they whipped past our house. At some point the wind was moving so fast that it broke of some branches from the big tree in our back yard and placed them on top of our deck cover, missing our house by about 5 feet. We lost electricity at about 8:30 pm on Friday and did not get it back until Saturday at 6:00 pm! 22 HRS! I have to say that I am so grateful to the hard workers employed by Reliant energy and I thank them so much because I do not think me and the girls could have lasted another hour in the heat/humidity! The neighborhood looks a total mess and there are trees and limbs everywhere. In conclusion we are very happy to have only sustained minor damages and we are praying for all of the people in Galveston and surrounding areas that they make it through these hard times of devastation! These are a few pics from our experience of Hurricane Ike.
Makenzie and Chance laying down after we lost power!

Nervous as hell but still smiling!
My girls experiencing the first and hopefully their last Hurricane!

We slept in the living room!
Chance and Kenzie sleep through the whole thing and me and Whitney
were up most of the night!
The front yard
The tree limb they landed on our deck cover
Need a new fench even more so than we did before!
Kenzie looking outside after the storm
It's hot mommy
You can't come in here Ike!
She was hungry!
A huge tree snapped in half!
Checking out the damage!
Bubba decided he wanted to play in the rain!

Yes baby you went through a hurricane!



Thank goodness James had a chain saw! ( Brandi's Dad)

0 Thoughts: